Saturday 9 April 2016

The Ultimate Chocolate Brownies ... Gooey, fudgy and yummy!

There are two kinds of people in this world, one who like cakey brownies and other who like fudgy brownies... I fall in the latter kind. Before today, i had never baked brownies, because honestly I can't stand cake like brownies or cake served in square shapes and called brownies. Brownie is brownie and cake is cake! 😂. Two totally different things ! Right?

I was always looking for the perfect Brownies recipe, but most of them felt like square shaped cakes, therefore, after a lot of reading up, comparing recipes, pinterest-ing, i finally decided to follow one recipe which i felt wouldn't go wrong.... And oh boy oh boy... Was i right or what !! I found exactly what I have been looking for since ages. Perfectly fudgy, gooey, cracked tops brownie... Martha Stewart, I love you !. It was sooooo delicious that I couldnt even take a picture of the full ready brownie out of the oven because I was too busy drooling over it and then eating from the pan. Took one pic from my daughter's plate when I served her.


Did I mention how fudgy and gooey this was .... loveeeeeee!!!

And you know the best thing? the recipe is so easy and it is ready in less than 60 mins !

Recipe:
1 stick (113gms) unsalted butter, cut into large pieces
6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped. I used semisweet chocolate from Hershey's
1 1/2 cups sugar (if you are using semisweet chocolate you can use 1 cup of sugar only)
3 large eggs
1/4 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, sifted

Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper
Melt butter and chocolate in a double boiler or a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat, and whisk in sugar.
Whisk in eggs, one at a time, until combined. Whisk in cocoa and salt. Fold in flour until combined.
Pour batter into pan. Bake until set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs, 25-30 minutes. Let cool slightly in pan, about 15 minutes.

Basic difference between a cakey and a fudgy brownie is quantity of flour and butter. if you want cakey, increase the flour and decrease the butter quantity and in fudgy brownies, butter is always more!!

Do try this out and let me know how did it go !!

No comments:

Post a Comment