Tuesday 5 April 2016

KitKat & MnMs Chocolate "overdose" cake !

By now many may have guessed how much I love chocolates !! I can have them anytime of the day, in any form, may it be icecream, plain, cake, frozen dessert, in a biscuit etc etc. Has to be CHOCOLATE !

I was in Karachi past two weeks and my cousins were constantly after me to make some desserts for them and honestly, I love baking for them because they are the best and praise generously ! They fight over second helpings and that just made me super happy.

During my stay 12 day stay I made 3 desserts, a triple layered chocolate Mousse cake (will share the recipe in coming weeks), Chocolate Éclair Dessert (Recipe here) and KitKat MnM Chocolate Cake. All of them were super duper hit.


The cake inside is a basic chocolate MALT cake (Recipe here). You can use any chocolate cake recipe you are comfortable with.

After the cake has baked and cooled down. You need to do the frosting. This is my personal favorite Chocolate Frosting recipe which you can follow blindly. Beat well, frosting needs to be thick, not runny.

  • 1/2 cup (1 stick or 100grams) butter (room temp)
  • 2/3 cup Cocoa (I prefer Hershey's)
  • 3 cups Icing sugar
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla essence


  • Beat butter really well until it changes color to off white. Add in cocoa and icing sugar and beat well. Alternately keep adding milk, beating to spreading consistency. It shouldn't be runny. Stir in vanilla. About 2 cups frosting.

    Spread the frosting in between the cake and cover the whole cake with it. Now carefully press the KitKat bars against the sides of the cake. Cover the entire cake sides with KitKats and tie a ribbon around so it can hold the chocolate bars.

    Generously put MnMs (or smarties or local bunties available) on top of the cake in the center. Cover the entire top. Refrigerate and ENJOYYYYYY

    1 comment:

    1. Thanks a lot for sharing this amazing knowledge with us. This site is fantastic. I always find great knowledge from it.
      https://www.lcrenovation.co.uk/house-extension-in-kingston/
      House Renovations in Kingston

      ReplyDelete